March 08, 2015

General ENT Video of 16 Disease Conditions


This video has probably taken more of my time from initial concept, to preparation, and finally execution than any other video I have made so far.

The initial idea for this video probably occurred back in 2012 when my wife showed me a very creative video of an attractive woman showing 25 different ways of wearing a scarf. This video in turn was based on the Brady Brunch intro.

At that moment, I knew I wanted to do something similar, but showing different ENT conditions instead.

But due to the technical difficulties in creating this type of video, months went by as I mulled how in the world I was going to create it.

I finally concluded that making this type of video was beyond my amateur skills. Ultimately, I asked help from a professional video producer, Chris Sciannella with CAS Videos, who just happened to have worked extensively with my father-in-law who also was a professional video producer.

From that point, things moved relatively quickly. Chris contacted a few actors, Pete Garvey, Chrisdine King, and Quinn. A makeup artist, Shirley Zuniga with Carola Myers Makeup was also hired to make them actually look sick as well.

The video was shot completely in one morning in front of a green screen. Chris than edited all the different shots into the finished product.

Whew!

For a topic as basic as general ENT conditions, making the video was far from that.

Fauquier blog
Fauquier ENT

Dr. Christopher Chang is a private practice otolaryngology, head & neck surgeon specializing in the treatment of problems related to the ear, nose, and throat. Located in Warrenton, VA about 45 minutes west of Washington DC, he also provides inhalant allergy testing/treatment, hearing tests, and dispenses hearing aids.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT Virtual Teacher!! I am an NP that is just entering in the world of ENT and Dr. Chang's blog/newsletter/ videos are fantastic! Thank you!


Banner Map

Pediatric Neck Masses

Adult Neck Mass Workup